Bend OR | 21-27 September 2020 | with Deven Sisler and Esther Hertog.
Deven Sisler & Esther Hertog are joining forces to offer the first global collaboration of Family AcroYoga teacher training. With combined experience of three decades of teaching AcroYoga, children and families, this week will be nothing short of amazing.
Our 7 day program explores the art of teaching Family AcroYoga in a supportive, safe and caring environment. We will explore share essential skills including: how to ‘manage’ large groups of adults & children; navigating developmental stages and family dynamics; compassionate communication; games, games and more games; how to practice elaborate physical exercises with the specific age groups; the business of yoga; how to share yoga, partner yoga and mindfulness with any age.
WHO IS THE FAMILY ACROYOGA TRAINING DESIGNED FOR?
Applicants are experienced AcroYoga practitioners who love children and families. A Family AcroYoga teacher must be: able to simultaneously work compassionately with both children and adults, while supporting family dynamics; knowledgeable enough to spontaneously switch lesson content; experienced enough to feel which AcroYoga technique is optimal for the participants at any given moment.
1. Philosophy: Acroyoga history. Yoga Philosophy. Thai Yoga Massage Principles
2. Pedagogy: Physical, Social, Emotional & Family Development. Guidelines for each age group
3. Techniques: AcroYoga for different age groups. Games, Songs & Sounds. Circlasana, Partner Yoga/AcroYoga.
4. Methodology: Structuring a Class. Compassionate Communication. Applying boundaries with love.
5. Class example & Creativity. Progressions & Layering. Storytelling & Sequencing. Class examples.
6. Business of Yoga: Types of classes & Workshops. Marketing strategies. Networking.
7. Teaching: Practice Teaching, Giving & Receiving Feedback. Preparing a Family AcroYoga Festival. Teaching live classes to families in the festival.
A minimum of 1 year of AcroYoga practise: Able to base and fly comfortable, stable Free Star → Straddle Bat → Cartwheel Out/Back in → Straddle Bat; Star → Back Fly → Front Tuck → Star (Four Step); High Flying Whale; Foot to hand.
A minimum of 1-year yoga practice
A minimum of 10 hours of massage experience both as giver and receiver (Thai Yoga massage or other tradition).
Experience with kids
To bring your inner child and an open mind
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the requirements!
Application available now: https://forms.gle/xL1meCXcPBbRahyG8
Learn more at FamilyAcroYoga.com, YAMIYOGI.com